In place of land ownership.
Earthsharing Devon is a broad-based land movement. We are a loose network of groups, organisations and people in Devon who are working to bring about a world where everybody can access the land and benefit from a fair share of the wealth of the natural world. We believe that:
- We do not own the earth, we belong to it. We have the responsibility to care for it.
- We all have the right to secure tenancy of a fair share of the earth.
- Everybody has an equal right to benefit from the natural world, so we have a duty to compensate others for this tenancy.
Click here for more about our beliefs.
The principles that guide us are that:
- We advocate a just world that puts these beliefs in to practice.
- We support any steps, however small, that help to get there from the world of land ownership.
- We encourage all those who join us to support each other as they take these steps.
In practice the members of Earthsharing Devon:
- Spread the word and raising awareness of land issues – locally, nationally and internationally.
- Promote practical alternatives to land ownership – land-share and land-gift.
- Take political action – local and national.
- Develop the ideas – seeking a better understanding of property rights and what we can do about them.
- Are growing a network of people who are voluntarily paying the ground rent of their land, a sort of voluntary Land Value Tax – Paying our Dues
Earthsharing Devon is part of the international Earthsharing network. Earthsharing has been promoted by supporters of Henry George’s proposal that landowners should pay the market rent for their land into a fund to be used for the good of all (Land Value Taxation).
You can follow us on Facebook.