We encourage everybody to think about, talk about and challenge existing property rights to land.
We seek to to strengthen understanding and co-operation between groups of people who have shared issues related to the land.
We promote conversations, online and face-to-face, among all those who are struggling with the way that our society currently thinks about property rights to the natural world. These conversations focus on things like:
- Housing that people can afford
- Food-growing, seed banks
- Living on the land
- Sharing land-based skills and crafts
In practice the ways we go about this are:
- Online at the Earthsharing Devon Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/254504114758204/ and more widely on social media.
- Talks offered to schools and local groups of any sort. Please make contact if you would like a speaker
- Letters to the press
- Conferences and talking circles focused on land issues.
- Music, singing, storytelling, performance and the arts focused on land issues. We hope to promote concerts over next winter, with time for people to talk about land issues. In 2015 we hosted a performance of 3 Acres and a Cow by Robin Grey, and Roly is keen to get together a group of musicians to develop something similar to inform and entertain people who may be interested in land issues.
Please make contact if you would like a speaker, if you would like us to bring together a conversation group or would like to join us in any way at all.